The Equity and Inclusion Award is presented to an individual, campus/community program or service who or which has demonstrated creativity, innovation, and success in making a significant contribution and impact in the area of multicultural understanding and appreciation. The purpose of this award is to encourage and recognize outstanding efforts addressing cultural diversity issues in higher education.
The selection criteria for the Equity and Inclusion Award are as follows:
- Addresses a specific campus, community or organizational equity and inclusion need or issue.
- Contributes to addressing student and/or campus equity and inclusion need(s) or issue(s).
- Seeks to promote understanding and responsiveness to equity and inclusion issues.
- Encourages student, faculty, staff, alumni and/or community involvement.
- Enhances the appreciation of equity and inclusion as a way of life on the college or university campus.
- Sustains activities and programs that promote an atmosphere of inclusiveness for all students.
|2019-20||Bill Fischer for the Chosen Name Policy, University of Dayton|
|2018-19||Sally Leber, Ohio Wesleyan University|
|2017-18||Diversity 360, Case Western Reserve University|
|2016-17||Adan Hussain, The Ohio State University|
|2015-16||Preferred Name Policy, Ohio University|
|2012-13||Vorley Taylor, The Ohio State University - Newark & COTC|
|2011-12||Dafina Lazarus Stewart, Bowling Green State University|
|2006-07||President Jack Calareso and the President's Task Force on Multiculturalism, Ohio Dominican University|
|2004-05||Racial Awareness Program (RAPP), University of Cincinnati|
|2003-04||The Tunnel of Oppression, Wright State University|
|2001-02||MLK, Jr. Day of Learning, Capitol University|
|1999-00||Friendly Town, Ashland University|
|1997-98||Intro to Student Affairs, Kent State University|
|1996-97||Dr. Rebecca Parker, The Ohio State University|
|1995-96||Indianola After School Project, Otterbein University|